Minutes SeVEDS Board Meeting
January 19th – 2-4PM
Hannah Cosman Room Brattleboro
In attendance: Bob Stevens, Laura Sibilia, Dennis Dunnigan (FEMA), Chad Atkinson (FEMA), Dave Alstadt, Jenna Pugiliese, Pat Moulton-Powden, Bill Colvin, Drew Richards, Colby Dix, Stephan Morse, Patrick Moreland, Susan McMahon, Barb Sondag
Absent: Julia Sorenson, Gregg Noble, Dan Yates, Lisa Sullivan, Jeff Lewis, Tim Cullenen
Updates: Board discussed Gov’s proposed joint downtown Brattleboro CCV/VTC campus. Pat reminded board that proposal needs to pass legislature. Discussion regarding SeVEDS workforce funding proposal and WWIB funding from last year, and need this year.
Minutes from 01/05
Updates on funding
- EDA Technical Assistance
- i. Letters of support from for grant came from: The Richards Group, WRC, Town of Wilmington, Town of Brattleboro, Mount Snow Valley Chamber, WWIB, ACCD
- ii. Indirect cost update and revised budget
- 501 c(3) formation – WRC can be used to apply for Federal funds that require a 501© as they are considered a municipality.
- Project Updates
- VE timeline review
- Workforce – David updated work from taskforce. They plan to conduct a listening tour w/ educational institutions and ceo’s group to hear about work force training available and needed. They met with the career center and learned the advisory board has gone dormant. Susan noted the need to stay plugged into the Springfield technical center as many from BF/Rock go in that direction.
- Innovative Economy – Patrick presented some initial research he had done on this strategy topic. Board members were encouraged to look at http://www.statsamerica.org/innovation/index.html which has an abundance of data on it regarding economic development.
- Updates on road show scheduling – next meeting is at BF on Jan 31 6:00 pm