Minutes October 6, 2011
2-4 PM Brattleboro Municipal Center
Board: Drew Richards, Colby Dix, Barb Sondag, Bob Stevens, Bill Colvin, Stephan Morse, Greg Noble. BDCC: Laura Sibilia Absent: Jenna Pugiliese, Lisa Sullivan, Julia Sorenson, Patrick Moreland, Chris Campany, Jeff Lewis, Dan Yates
- Updates on Flood: Greg reported that Sovernet’s Vermont FiberConnect Project has been impacted by the replacement of damaged poles along Route 9. The damaged poles had to be replaced according to historical specifications, ensuring that the Route 9 project poles will have to be touched twice. Greg reported an expected project delay of 90 days
- Executive Board updates: Bylaws and Affiliation, both items have been reviewed by executive committee and sent back to lawyer for recommendations on requested changes.
- Membership recommendation: Barb moved to add Tim Cullenen, Bellows Falls Town Manager and Colby Dix, owner Vermont Geeks, to the SeVEDS board and remove Rod Francis, Brattleboro Planning Director from the board. Seconded by Bill. Vote: Unanimous
- PR on SeVEDS, Board, and officers will be drafted for next meeting
- Finance Committee: The Executive Committee has recommended the formation of a Finance Committee. Stephan moved that the Executive Committee be appointed as the Finance Committee. Seconded by Greg. Vote: Unanimous
- EDA/CEDS – get Pioneer Valley CEDS. Bring slate of board candidates to next meeting for consideration.
- Vital Economies Report
- We reviewed the Objectives section of the the VE report. Laura and Barb to work with VE on the following edits: Where are the objectives we worked on? How can VE provide strategies without action items.
- Next Meeting
i. October 20 2-4 whole board – location Time
- VE report
- CEDS progress
- Slate of candidates for board consideration and CEDS compliance.