2015 Windham Region S.M.A.R.T. CEDS Projects
1. BFADC: Island Redevelopment
2. SeVEDS WF: Job Board for employers in Windham and Bennington Counties(connects to SVSMP)
3. Ironwood Brand, PreCraft, STIX: Build a rapid prototyping facility at existing shop for prefab high performance building envelopes and resilient mechanical systems
4. BDCC: Extend electric water and sewer to new industrial regional sites
5. BDCC: Assess existing key elements of innovation ecosystem, determine missing elements, research models for missing elements and development of metrics for evaluating success
6. BDCC/SeVEDS: Southern Vermont Sustainable Recruitment Project for employers and tourism entities
7. SEON: The Board of Directors of the Sustainable Energy Outreach Network (SEON) is looking for funding to offset two years of operational expenses and non-employee compensation in support of the current and future activities of our organization.
8. Windham Child Care Association: Build a more sustainable childcare system through innovative shared practices to increase overall program quality and earnings, workforce development for childcare workers
9. Strolling of the Heifers: Southeastern Vermont Food and Agricultural Innovation Center at the Robert H. Gibson River Garden, 157 Main Street, Brattleboro
10. Storm Petral, LLC: Storm Petral released two web based software applications in the Spring of 2014. Tempest-GEMS facilitates the financial recovery of governmental agencies and key non-profits after impact from a natural disaster. It manages federally funded reconstruction and recovery grants.
11. Rich Earth Institute: Creating a sustainable, regional, urine recycling system
12. Windham Regional Commission: Windham Region Village Water and Wastewater Need Assessment and
13. DJ Engineering: Electric Bike Manufacturer
14. Windham Windsor Housing Trust: The NeighborWorks HEAT Squad addresses the challenge of successfully engaging homeowners to complete home energy efficiency projects, which generates: 1) income for contractors resulting in jobs retained and created; 2) reduction in cost of living for homeowners in addition to comfort, health and retained and created;safety, and environmental benefits; and, 3) moves Windham County and the State of Vermont closer to the goal of improving the energy fitness of 25% of the state’s housing stock by 2020.
15. Marlboro College: Marlboro College proposes an entrepreneurial training initiative dedicated to improving the innovation ecosystem of Windham County. Offer support via scholarships for affected VY and supply chain employees interested in uptraining or retraining via our degree options and continuing education offerings.
16. Vermont Distillers: Feasibility study to determine if adequate facilities exist for expansion of Vermont Maple Cream Liqueur manufacturing facility
17. SeVEDS WF: SE Vermont Machine apprenticeship program
18. Mount Snow: The Carinthia Ski Lodge Project at Mount Snow consists of the construction of a three?story 36,000?square?foot ski lodge at the Carinthia Base Area of Mount Snow.
19. Windham Region Redevelopment Group: Define regional organization structure, conduct market study, conduct regional inventory of vacant commercial and industrial sites
20. Wilmington Works: Legal creation of Wilmington Downtown Commercial Redevelopment Project whose purpose is to purchase 10 vacant buildings in downtown and renovate
21. Mount Snow: The West Lake Project at Mount Snow consists of the construction of a 120?million?gallon snow-making pond and associated components such as pump houses, withdrawal and intake structure, pipelines, snow-making upgrades, a new lift and infrastructure improvements.
22. SEON: Integrated workforce development system for the sustainable building and design sector in Windham
23. Mount Snow: The Carinthia Residential Units Project at Mount Snow consists of the construction of a up to 150 residential units at the Carinthia Base Area.
24. New England Youth Theater: Downtown arts campus – environmental cleanup of two contaminated buildings, construction of a second theater, conference center and outdoor amphitheater, low income housing, gap year professional theater training
25. Sustainable Valley Group: Green Island Project
26. SeVEDS: Performs analysis on viability of green building products and services cluster dev.
27. Putney Historical Society: Next Stage Arts Project renovation of 15 Kimball Hill
28. Latchis Arts: In Repair and Restoration of Façade and Replacement of Windows
29. BDCC: Leveraging broadband inc demand for last mile investments – increase utilization, market high capacity,
30. Landmark College: Landmark College is in the process of formally creating an online learning division within the College, specifically aimed at meeting the needs of students with LD and educators/professionals struggling to best serve students with LD.
31. Gathering Place: The Deerfield Valley (DV) region of Windham County (WC) plans to create a Livable Community for All Ages. DV will adopt a phased approach, conducting a feasibility study to establish parameters and timelines, and the development of a foundational Adult Day program.
32. Stratton Mountain Resort: Upgrade the Inn at Stratton Mountain
33. SEVCA/WWIB/SeVEDS WF: Job Readiness Program
34. Stratton Mountain Resort: Upgrade 3 base lodges
35. Town of Wilmington: Wilmington Water District Merger /Acquisition and Expand Wilmington Wastewater
36. BDCC: Biz network Route 30/West River Valley
37. Stratton Mountain Resort: Additional cell tower
38. Southern Vermont Natural History Museum: Feasibility study to determine on logistics and opportunities in
SoVT to relocate to accommodate significant growth
39. Stratton Mountain Resort: Add 66 units of employee housing
40. Arts Council of Windham County and Primetime Concepts: Regional Marketing of the HeART & Culture of Southern Vermont, Official Artisan Center of Southern Vermont facility to promote tourism, Development of SoVT Artisan Trail
41. Stratton Mountain Resort: Upgrade Snowbowl lift to high speed quad
42. Town of Wilmington: Twin Valley High School Building Feasibility Project phase 2; implement findings of phase 1 feasibility study to repurpose 52,000 sf school building
43. Readsboro Hometown Redevelopment, Inc. : Continued restoration of Bullock building as multi use community center in downtown Readsboro